Our ski and snowboard wear : Warmth through technological clothing
The one critical aspect you want to be certain of when you go out in the mountains is to not be cold. If you stay an entire day outdoors in the winter, you will need to pack serious insulation with you to stay warm. When you're out practicing your ski or snowboard skills in the mountains, you will need warm clothing : jacket, pants, gloves and boots. You will need waterproof and breathable wear, with insulation. Here are our different ski and snowboard wear technologies that will help you stay warm.
... Let's begin with our thermal reflective technologies :
• Omni-Heat™ thermal reflective : The classical nevertheless efficient thermal reflective technology. Versatile lightweight warmth in mild to severe cold.
• Omni-Heat™ 3D : Ideal for lightweight warmth and comfort in frigid conditions. Its fiber pods create an air gap for added insulation.
• Omni-Heat™ Black Dot™ : Perfect for prolonged exposure to extreme cold. This industry-first external thermal shield traps warmth and captures solar heat.
• Omni-Heat™ Infinity advanced thermal reflective : Our highest body-heat reflection. It provides instant and durable warmth. It's also highly breathable.
• Omni-Heat™ Recycled Synthetic Down : A thermal reflective technology made of recycled fibers and down.
Let's pursue with our insulation technologies :
• Microtemp synthetic insulation : Our classic synthetic insulation fill
• Polartec® synthetic insulation : A high power synthetic fleece technology
• Thermarator™ synthetic insulation : Combines the resilience and waterproof properties of synthetic down with the insulating power of down to create lasting warmth
• RDS down insulation : Its fill power will create pockets of warm air around you. Our down insulation is simply the best standard there is
Stay dry thanks to Columbia ski and snowboard clothing
Winter sports can be harsh : Wind, cold, snow, sustained efforts... The moisture coming from outside, as well as your own perspiration, will make you feel cold. This is why all of our ski and snowboard clothing items have to be waterproof, as well as breathable ! Letting the air in and out, but keeping the water out is one complicated job. Hopefully enough our women's and men's ski jackets, pants, gloves, boots and footwear have got a few technological assets to help.
Let us walk you through our 5 levels of waterproofness and our waterproof membranes that you will find on women's and men's ski and snowboard clothing :
Level 0 : No protection. This is the most breathable and lightweight gear we have. Be careful though, these elements do not offer any protection from rain and snow.
Level 1 : Drizzle. These items feature a water resistant fabric or a water repellant treatment. Although they do not have a waterproof membrane, they can withstand light rain and drizzle.
Level 2 : Rain. Clothing equipped with our critically seam sealed, waterproof-breathable technology : Omni-Tech™.
Level 3 : Downpour. Things are getting serious ! These men's jackets and trousers are top notch mountain gear : We have equipped them with our Omni-Tech™ waterproof/breathable fully seam sealed membrane.
Level 4 : Deluge. It says it all. This is our (if not the) most advanced outdoor jacket in terms of waterproofness. It's ready for anything. Meet our OutDry™ EXTREME waterproof/breathable fully seam sealed.
Choosing your ski jacket or snowboard pant's level of waterproofness isn't as simple as you think : We advise you to choose the right level, without going for the most advanced level automatically. Indeed, the highest levels of waterproofness also have drawbacks : And they're the same for every brand. A heavily waterproof ski clothing will also weight more and cost more. For example, if you're someone that will prefer skiing mostly during sunny or "ok" weather, you can go for level 2 ski gear !
How to choose the right clothes for skiing
Our ski and snowboard wear products for women and men have been designed not only for technological prowess but also for style purposes. You would be disappointed if we didn't. Right ?
We have designed many different styles for all women and men to find what they like : Discreet, sober, classy or flashy ? Same with our cuts, you will find sporty, ample or tight cuts. Please refer to our models' photos to find the right one !
Also, you will find many interesting details like our cell phone pocket or the ski lift arm pocket. Not mentioning that some jackets have ski goggles pockets with an integrated, leashed cloth to wipe the water off.
Retirer le produit ?
Souhaitez-vous vraiment retourner dans votre panier?